1. Appearance counts. The store boasts an incredible array of goods. The shelves are always neat and full, but nothing seems ever to be out of place, and there is absolutely no sense of clutter. The ambiance of the store screams "Clean!"
Lesson: Whether or not you like it, appearance does matter. Pay attention to how others perceive your physical appearance, and the underlying message about you as a person that it conveys. You don't need to look like a model, but you do need to look professional and be at your best. Wear well-fitting professional attire, and be meticulously groomed. When you speak, get right to the point and don't ramble. Let your words and style of speech demonstrate your organized thinking.
2. Perfection is tantalizing. At Whole Foods, all the fresh fruits and vegetables are at their peak stage of ripeness and without blemishes. They make you lick your lips with anticipation.
Lesson: Employers salivate over "perfect fit" candidates. You must demonstrate your passion for the role you seek. However, your desire for a job doesn't, in and of itself, make a compelling case for you to be hired. For a short job hunt, focus your efforts on those jobs where you will be seen as possessing all the desired education, experience, abilities and qualities. These are the jobs for which you'll be seen as a truly appetizing candidate.
3. Helpfulness counts. Courteous staff members are easy to locate. They never respond to "Where is XXX located?" by saying "Look two aisles over." Instead they are trained to immediately take the initiative to cheerfully walk the customer to the precise location where the desired product is located. They understand that customizing their efforts to a customer's desire makes him or her much more likely to buy whatever product he or she had in mind.
Lesson: When your interviewer asks you a question, don't ever direct his or her attention away from you by saying, "You can find this on my résumé" and leave it at that. Every query represents an opportunity to take your interviewer where he or she wants to go: becoming convinced that you are a solid "must have" hire.
4. People value healthy products. Whole Foods appeals to health and environmentally conscious consumers by offering unadulterated, organic food. The underlying message is that consumers will be better off from using the store's products.
Lesson: When you are preparing for your interview, bear in mind that the underlying purpose of hiring anyone is to make a company's bottom line healthier. Think about ways you can contribute to make that perspective employer "better off" by saving expenses, increasing sales or improving productivity. Every contribution to the bottom line has at least one of these components, and you should be prepared to demonstrate your desire and ability to bring that value with you.
5. Top quality demands top dollar. You can often find comparable food cheaper in other stores. And, while Whole Foods does run promotions and sales, its overall pitch is more about value than price. Because its customers believe that this chain consistently provides top quality goods, the consumer can justify paying more for them.
Lesson: Remember not to get pinned down to a specific salary number until you are sure that the employer believes that you are the very best candidate. Only then can you shift the decision maker away from hiring based on cost to the company to hir
面试时如何自我介绍以下10个句子可以帮助你更好地在面试中做自我介绍。选择最适合你的那些。“I am someone who…”:“我是一个......”1. “can adapt to any situation. I thrive in a fluctuating environment an...（查看全文）
面试常见问题:工作习惯与方式1. What was the most difficult decision you ever had to make?对策:Try to relate your response to the prospective employment situation.2. Can you work under pressures, deadli...（查看全文）
面试穿什么颜色最好What you choose to wear communicates a lot about who you are and how you see yourself. So in the all-important job interview, what color should you wear to make a great first impress...（查看全文）
求职面试时你需要留心的事1. What does the parking lot look like?1. 这家公司的停车场怎么样?Start by assessing the parking lot. Are there reserved spaces for VPs? If so, that can speak volumes about how ...（查看全文）
面试必备“甜言蜜语”1. What is important to you in a job?这个工作对你最重要的是什么?Challenge, the feeling of accomplishment, and knowing that you have made a contribution.它带来的挑战感, 成就感以及为...（查看全文）