31. Although apparently rigid, bones exhibit a degree of elasticity that enables the skeleton to withstand considerable impact.
32. That xenon could not FORM chemical compounds was once believed by scientists.
33. Research into the dynamics of storms is directed toward improving the ability to predict these events and thus to minimize damage and avoid loss of life.
34. The elimination of inflation would ensure that the amount of money used in repaying a loan would have the same value as the amount of money borrowed.
35. Futurism, an early twentieth-century movement in art, rejected all traditions and attempted to glorify contemporary life by emphasizing the machine and motion.
36. One of the wildest and most inaccessible parts of the
37. Lucretia Mott’s influence was so significant that she has been credited by some authorities as the originator of feminism in the
37. Lucretia Mott’s的影响巨大，所以一些权威部门认定她为美国女权运动的创始人。
38. The activities of the international marketing researcher are frequently much broader than those of the domestic marketer.
39. The continental divide refers to an imaginary line in the North American Rockies that divides the waters flowing into the
40. Studies of the gravity field of the Earth indicate that its crust and mantle yield when unusual weight is placed on them.
21. Eliminating problems by transferring the blame to others is often called scape-goating.21.用怪罪别人的办法来解决问题通常被称为寻找替罪羊。22. The chief foods eaten in any country depend largel...（查看全文）
11. Acids are chemical compounds that, in water solution, have a sharp taste, a corrosive action on metals, and the ability to turn certain blue vegetable dyes red.11.酸是一种化合物，它在溶于水时具有强...（查看全文）
1. Typical of the grassland dwellers of the continent is the American antelope, or pronghorn.1.美洲羚羊，或称叉角羚，是该大陆典型的草原动物。2. Of the millions who saw Haley’s comet in 1986, how many...（查看全文）
Lesson 1 A private conversationprivate ['praivit] Adj. 私下的，私有的 ( secret; not for everyone's use) 【联想】： public 公共的；privacy隐私；清净【经典用法】： in private(私下里)；private school(私...（查看全文）
1、本公司断定我们所提供的货色优良,价格公道,感谢贵公司给我们一个机会,使我们的要求得以实现。 We are certain that we are offering a sound article at popular price, and we should appreciate an opportunit...（查看全文）