. Read these sentences and the instructions that follow.
. Which method does each sentence describe?
. For each sentence mark one letter (A ,B ,C or D) on your answer Sheet.
You can dictate a message almost anywhere at your convenience.
1. You speak, while your secretary types down your words.
2. You have to speak slowly and very clearly.
3. One of these methods can be used when you are in a hurry.
4. While dictating ,you use some tapes.
5. One of the disadvantages of this method is that you are totally strange to the transcriber.
6. the dictation is done with your speaking, a machine's recording, and your secretary's transcribing.
7. the machine records your words and then provide the transcription.
A. Dictation to your own secretary-"live" dictation, taken by a person who benetes familiar with your dictating characteristics.
B. Dictation to a machine, with your secretary transcribing.
Inexpensive cassette recorders provide GREat flexibility in dictation.
You can dictate in the office, at home, in an automobile, in an airplane, and in any out-of-the-office situation. Your dictation tapes can be transcribed by being played back on modern transcribing equipment.
C. Dictation to a machine, with a word-processing center providing the transcription in this case, the transcriber will probably not be familiar with your dictation manners and peculiarities.
D. Other dictation methods, such as by telephone calls or by direct secretarial transcription at the typewriter. These methods are not routine but are used typically in "rush" situations. They require a slow voice speed and clear pronunciation.
. Read this text about electrical power in Canada.
. Choose the best sentence from the list A-I to fill each of the blanks.
. For each blank(8-12) mark one letter (A-I) on your Answer Sheet.
. De not mark any letter twice.
. One answer has been given as an example.
ELECTRICITY : WEALTH , MONEY , POWER
Canadian industries have prospered for more than a century on the country's abundance of cheap ,reliable electrical power...example...In fact ,Canada consumes more electricity on a per person basis than any country except for Norway...8...
Electricity is a significant source of export innete for Canada...9...But in the 1970s ,Canadian exports rose sharply to address the U. S. demand for cheaper and more reliable.
In 1985, exports of Canadian electrical power reached 1,400 million US dollars ...10...Net electricity exports account for more than 60% of Canada's balance of trade.
Domestically, Canada continues to generate electrical power, primarily from water ...11...
Exports of electricity are now subject to forces far beyond the control of utility managers...12...
A. Besides, electricity from coal and nuclear is 50/00 to 75/00 cheaper than many other industrial nations.
B. Generated primarily by water, our power supplies have attracted and supported energy-intensive industries such as mining.
C. It also ranks among the top three electricity producers in the world, behind the U. S. and Russia.
D. Next to electricity, Canadian paper exports came to 900 million US dollars every year in the 1960s.
E. Two large nuclear power plants began to generate electricity.
F. Since then, electricity' exports have declined but they have continued to exceed 700 million US dollars.
G. Environmental and trade policies all influence electrical production and trade.
H. Canada and the U. S. imported and exported power in almost equal measures after 1901.
I. therefore, the Canadian government has little influence on these forces. PART THREE
Questions 1 3- 20
. Read this text about south Korea's economic development, and answer the questions that follow.
the Koreans see the Seoul Olympics as a chance to show their rapid proGREss. The Tokyo Olympic Games in 1964 served the same purpose for a developing Japan. Within 13 years , according to a detailed development plan ,Korea is determined to be among the world's ten largest trading nations ,up from the 13th now.
1. Much of the economy's development in recent years netes from what Korean leaders call the three blessings-lower oil prices, lower world wide interest rates, and a currency that is weak against the Japanese yen. The Korean won is closely related with many other currencies, though the finance ministry will not say which ones. Obviously the U. S. dollar is the most important. When its value drops against the Japanese yen, the Korean won went down too. Since September 1985 the won has decreased about 40% against the yen, giving Korea a huge advantage over Japan in the U.S. market.
2. the Koreans made good use of this advantage, pouring 40% of their exports into America. When the U.S. responded with tough protectionism talk, they pretended to be surprised and angry. The Koreans still see themselves as relatively poor dependents of the U.S. and take American protectionism as betrayal by a big brother. They are right. The Korean economy is only 6% of Japan's. Tall buildings in Seoul resemble those in Tokyo, but the Korean capital is full of narrow streets and poor houses like a village. In the countryside some 20% of home lack running water. Moreover, Korea has a heavy defense burden as well as that big foreign debt.
3. And Korea has suffered set tacks before In the 1970s the government supported heavy industry ,creating some big but sseless enterpriscs. The Treasury Ministry is still quietly supporting some ill shipping and overseas netpanies. Meanwhile the government does not know how to set up wining industries.
4. the Koreans are also quick to point out that their 7.1 billion trade surplus with the U.S. is just 4% of the total American trade deficit. Japan account for 35%. In the U. S. the Koreans are netpeting with Japanese not American ,Products. They netplain that U. S. protectionism punishes them for Americans' lazy work habits and drug abuse. They say the union rules have ruined U. S. netpetitiveness.
2012年BEC中级考试模拟冲刺试题一. READINGPART ONEQuestions 1-7. Read these sentences and the following new reports.. Which country does each sentence describe?. For each sentence mark one letter (A ,B...（查看全文）
2012年BEC中级考试模拟冲刺试题一. READINGPART ONEQuestions 1-7. Read these sentences and the share prices below.. Which stock market does each sentence(1-7) describe?. For each sentence mark one lette...（查看全文）
为了帮助考生更好的备考冲刺，整理了以下历年大学英语四级考试高频词。历年大学英语四级考试高频词abstract A.抽象的 N.摘要account N.账户accounting N.会计学admin V.允许，承认anniversary N.周年纪念anxiety N....（查看全文）