. Read these sentences and the share prices below.
. Which stock market does each sentence(1-7) describe?
. For each sentence mark one letter (A ,B ,C or D) on your Answer Sheet.
the index went up more than one thousand.
1. the share prices were influenced by the improvement of the two countries'
2. Over the week ,turnover rose by T $ 5. 83bn.
3. Many people went to buy capitalization stocks.
4. In the beginning many foreign shareholders buy blue chips at high prices.
5. Price was lower after shareholders sold stocks in industrials to make profit.
6. On Thursday price dropped and then rose again.
7. the falling of netposite index rose by 1. 3 per cent on the week.
A. Bangkok rose 2 per cent on the day and 3.4 per cent over the week as buyers moved in to large market capitalization stocks. The SET index rose 27.55 to 1,383.57 in turnover of Bt 8.5 bn, down from Thursday's Bt 10bn.
B. Taipei was pulled lower by late profit-taking in industrials after Thursday's rebound ,and the weighted index fell 45.59 to 5,806.77, or 1.7 per cent, over the week. Turnover rose to T $41.51 bn from T $ 35. 78bn.
C. Manila opened strongly on foreign buying of blue chips but dipped at the close as profits were taken. The netposite index fell 10.07 to 2 ,907. 00 , 1.3 per cent higher on the week
D. Hong Kong finished a mixed day slightly lower ,sapped by profit-taking on confirmation of US renewal of China's MFN trade status and concerns over the lower domestic property market. The Hang Seng index fell 11.58 to close at 9,470.13, 1.7 per cent lower on the week.
. Read this letter to the editor of The Economist.
. Choose the best sentence from the list A-I to fill each of the blanks.
. For each blank (8-12) mark one letter (A-I) on your Answer Sheet.
. Do not mar4 any letter twice.
. One answer has been given as an example.
You state on February 13th that New Mexico has "few natural resources ",... ...example... In 1991 New Mexico ranked fourth in the United States in production of natural gas , seventh in oil and tenth in non-fuel minerals ...8...Non-fuel minerals contributed about $ 1 billion and coal $ 509 million.
Taxes from production of fuels and minerals, and lease payments on state lands have been set aside by legislative acts to endow two permanent funds worth about $ 5. 65 billion, ... 9 ... In addition, during fiscal year 1991 , payments to New Mexico from taxes on federal lands were S 108 million ,all earmarked for public education.
... 10 ... About $566 million came from taxes and permanent-fund earnings attributable to oil and gas production. ...11 ... Tourism is an important industry in New Mexico, yet its economic impact on the public sector is dwarfed by that of mineral production.
New Mexico came through the recent recession in much better shape than most other states. It does not have a deficit. ...12...States that rely primarily on a sales tax or on an innete tax have big problems during economic downturns. Innete growth per head in New Mexico averaged 6. 1/00 in the year to October 1992-one of the fastest growth rates in the United States.
A. It has a broadly based tax structure an important point.
B. In 1992 it produced more oil than Colorado and Kansas netbined.
C. However, the extractive mineral industry in New Mexico is one of the state's strongest economic forces.
D. During fiscal year 1992 New Mexico raised permanent funds worth about $6.1 billion.
E. the netbined value of oil and gas production was $ 2. 8 billion.
F. Some 16, 000 employees work in the extractive industries and their wages are among the highest of any major industry.
G. the $39 million earned by these funds in 1991 was used to finance education and other public services.
H. Only S 25 million came from agricultural taxes.
I. New Mexico's extractive mineral industries contribute about a third of the state's $ 1. 9 billion general-fund innete in fiscal year 1991.PART THREE
. Read this letter about Compensation Trade ,and answer the following questions.
Ministry of Foreign Trade 19th January , 1 993
Xi Changan Street
Beijing , China
This letter is in regard to the window glass business between our firm and the China National Light industrial Products Import & Export Corporation, Daren Branch and the Daren Window Glass Factory.
1. Our two sides sincerely worked in the past and the window glass business has already been done successfully. However, the quantity of products doesn't meet our requirements. This netpany wants to develop the trade and business further in this line. We now expect to begin working with all the other branches and window glass factories on the same basis ,i. e. netpensation trade.
2. For the U. S. A. market, we require very large quantities of small cut sizes. Therefore, we are asking your prompt assistance to help us out in expanding glass-cutting business. We would highly appreciate it if you take this matter into consideration. We are certain that ,with your prompt cooperation, our purchases of Chinese window glass for sale in the U. S. A. market will very quickly increase to a large and substantial volume. With the establishment of diplomatic relations between our two countries ,the time is now right for a very quick and large increase in trade between us.
3. For your information, we are doing everything possible to cooperate in achieving our mutual goal of making the window glass business a very large one. We have offered to purchase various equipment for your Dairen factory which will increase its products, improve quality and raise its efficiency. We have offered to accept payment for this machinery in the form of buy-back of glass. We have also cooperated with the factory in making suggestions for better efficient packing and containerization. The factory has been very cooperative and receptive to our ideas. As we want to begin our business with the other branches too ,we plan to offer the same suggestions and proposals to purchase machinery for them.
为了帮助考生更好的备考冲刺，整理了以下历年大学英语四级考试高频词。历年大学英语四级考试高频词abstract A.抽象的 N.摘要account N.账户accounting N.会计学admin V.允许，承认anniversary N.周年纪念anxiety N....（查看全文）
第七阶段 大功告成，回归纯朴，保持状态 历时3天 第38天~第40天 第38天 回顾过去走过的题目 亲爱的童鞋，在这漫长的复习过程中你已经洒下了辛勤的汗水，最后冲刺、夯实成功果实的阶段到了。 目的：回...（查看全文）
阅读中记忆单词 四六级的考察重点有较强的重复性，所以，最有针对性的词汇复习方法，就是从真题中积累，而通过做阅读题来学习词汇就是很好的方法。 单纯地背单词既浪费时间和精力，效果也很差；而单纯地在...（查看全文）