46. When he arrived， he found _C_ the aged and the sick at home.
A nothing but B none other C none but D no other than
形容词前加the表示一类人。 none but 只有，仅有。
47. The pressure _B_ causes Americans to be energetic， but it also puts them under a constant emotional strain.
A netpeting B to netpete C to be netpeted D having netpeted
the right to vote 选举权。 动词不定式作后置定语要用主动形式。
the pressure to netpete 竞争的压力。
49. As teachers we should concern ourselves with what is said， not what we think _C_.
A have to be said B must say C ought to be said D need to say
50. Once environmental damage _A_， it takes many years for the system to recover.
A is done B is to do C does D has done
51. Studies show that the things that contribute most to a sense of happiness cannot be bought， _B_ a good family life， friendship and work satisfaction.
A as for B such as C in case of D in view of
contribute to 对…做出贡献。
52. He will agree to do what you require _D_ him.
A for B from C to D of
require sth. of sb. 要求某人做某事。
53. The mere fact _A_ most people believe nuclear war would be madness does not mean that it will not occur.
A that B which C what D why
54. John seems nice person. _C_， I don’t trust him.
A Even though B Therefore C Even so D Though
even so 即便如此，尽管如此。
55. I don’t think it advisable that Tom _A_ to the job since he has no experience.
A be assigned B will be assigned C is assigned D has been assigned
56. _D_， a man who expresses himself effectively is sure to succeed more rapidly than a man whose netmand of language is poor.
A Other things to be equal B Were other things equal
C To be equal to other things D Other things being equal
B项如果不省略if应为：If other things were equal
other things being equal 在这里是独立主格做条件状语。
32. You cannot be _B_ careful when you drive a car. A very B too C so D enough cannot too 在…也不为过，越…越好。 34. Every man in this country has the right to live where he wants to _A...（查看全文）
61. _D_ she realized it was too late to go home. A No sooner it grew dark than B Hardly did it grow dark that C Scarcely had it grown dark than D It was not until dark that no sooner在句首...（查看全文）
53. We agree to accept _D_ they thought was the best tourist guide. A whatever B whomever C whichever D whoever they thought是插入语，可以不看; tourist guide 导游。 56. Although many peop...（查看全文）
43. I don’t mind _B_ the decision as long as it is not too late. A you to delay making B your delaying making C your delaying to make D you delay to make mind 后要加动名词; delay v. 耽搁...（查看全文）
二、句子谓语动词一定用复数的两种情况： 1. 集合名词做主语，集合名词没有复数形式，因为他本身就代表一个复数概念。 常见的几个复合名词： people 人民，人们; police 警察; cattle 牛; poultry 家禽。 ...（查看全文）